Saturday 30 January 2016

My top 5 studentmeal tips


Like the average students, I like to party and I am mostly busy with studying. It is always annoying when there are missing some ingredients in your student dorm. Like every Food Technologists, experimenting with food is amazing. So, I made some tips how eating as a student is easier. Here are my 5 helpful tips. At least, I hope they are helpful.
  1. Together
    Eating alone is boring and even more expensive. Make dinner with your housemates or roommates is fun and an opportunity to know them a bit better. If you live in a studio or if you have your own small apartment, you can just invite some friends.
  2. Freezer
    Having friends is awesome. However, a student without a freezer is a sad student. A freezer makes a life is easier. I often freeze some a part meals or bread or veggies. As a food technologist, it is handy to know that the division rate of micro-organisms is zero. Freezing is an easy way to prevent spoilage bacteria and pathogens.  I am sorry I just love microbiology.
  3. Student sales
    A lot of places have special offers for students. At least, in the Netherlands, there are a lot of places. I have a special card, that gives a discount at fast food places, restaurants, supermarkets and more. Make decisions like a student our life is cheap but also a party.
  4. Simplicity 
    A good meal can have, just a few ingredients. Having fresh mushrooms with noodles, makes a delicious cheap meal. And always use a bit salt and pepper. As a student, you might forget it, but a bit seasoning can make a dish complete. The secret of a good dish might be a patience. Panfrying meat to hot will make our meat dry. Cook it slower and if you have time let the meat rest. Dry meat can really ruin a dish. And you can learn a few things or do some homework if you cook it slow. At least, I can.
  5. Try new things
    I have many international students at my Univeristy. Be curious to their culture and try new cuisines. It is an easy way to try other ingredients and trying new dishes. Give a stop by at the local oriental supermarket a shot. Watch youtube tutorials. I love cooking not everyone is like me I know. However, if you are not that good at cooking, you can see a lot of simple recipes on the internet.
This is my first official blogpost. I hope it was amusing to you. Probably if I look this post 3 years later I would think. Damn what was my English bad back then. I have more tip. It sounds maybe a bit stupid. But... Massage your kale, with some olive oil or some lemon juice. Massage your kale, cabbage or lettuce.
Massaging those greens is just easy. Just rub your greens for a few minutes. The greens will shrink like half of the original size. The taste of the kale will be more intense. While rubbing the kale will be more soft and tastier. Also, kale has a lot of nutrients so, if a kale massage will make it to die for. Why not give it a try. The video on this post is not made by us Foodtechtasters. I might post a video how I massage my kale in the future. You never know.




No comments:

Post a Comment